- COVID Conspiracy theories are dangerous! 24/11/2020
- Lockdown evidence-free antiscience (by law) 22/11/2020
- Binkin Dewarts 20/11/2020
- This virus isn’t going anywhere… 18/11/2020
- Lateral Flow Test – Moonshot crashes without survivors 17/11/2020
Daily Archives: 23/02/2014
I foolishly allowed myself to sidetrack the discussion of my own recent post on these two major philosophical alternatives (nominalism and realism) into a conversation with Lou Jost on the TOE itself. I blame the fact that I was preparing the piece on neutralism and adaptationism, which nudged me out of philosophy mode. Not that the discussion hasn’t been interesting, even useful, in itself, but it has perhaps prevented the theists here from grappling with the important issues of the nominalist-realist question. So I want to spend just a few more words on it before moving on to another significant philosophical issue in a different post.