- Religion ghosts in refrigerated truck 09/11/2019
- Well here’s another clue for you all… 05/11/2019
- Model Land and the real world 04/11/2019
- How the seal got his genes 01/11/2019
- Woke awareness solves environmental crisis at a stroke 29/10/2019
Daily Archives: 13/06/2014
I was intrigued last week to read a sketch by Charles Dickens about a shipload of British Mormons emigrating to Salt Lake City, c1860. I hadn’t realised it was that popular here so early. But in retrospect, researching family history some time ago, I’d come across a possible Garvey relative and his wife emigrating there about that time from Birmingham. They fit the Dickensian demographic to a tee. With that personal interest I idly decided to upgrade my knowledge of the early history of the movement.