- Religion ghosts in refrigerated truck 09/11/2019
- Well here’s another clue for you all… 05/11/2019
- Model Land and the real world 04/11/2019
- How the seal got his genes 01/11/2019
- Woke awareness solves environmental crisis at a stroke 29/10/2019
Daily Archives: 15/09/2014
Way back in 1968, for reasons I couldn’t fathom even then, I found myself as a Lower Sixth form student on a school cruise somewhere in the Mediterranean, being asked to join a “Brains Trust” panel to entertain the other students. Mercifully I remember little about it, apart from its being chaired by a well-known journalist from the Daily Mirror (we didn’t take the Mirror so I’d never heard of her). The most memorable thing was that she took us panel-members for an illicit alcoholic beverage in the ship’s lounge, strictly off limits to the broad masses of students, afterwards. It was my first and last experience of academic privilege.