- Modes of divine action – creatio continua 18/09/2018
- Theology of nature – call and response 15/09/2018
- Applying the theology of nature 13/09/2018
- Modes of divine action – creation 11/09/2018
- What Is the Point of TE/EC Apologetics for Christians? Reply to Christy Hemphill 08/09/2018
Daily Archives: 18/04/2017
The commonest rejoinder to any design argument in nature, you will no doubt have noticed, is “Who’s the designer, then?” Although the ID reply is actually perfectly rational – that inference to design cannot, intrinsically, tell one the nature of the designer in detail – the question is in reality just an over-elaborate, if hackneyed, attempt to show that there is a hidden agenda of religion which, once uncovered, would render design unscientific in principle and, probably, a threat to the body politic. It’s Catch 22 – stick with methodological naturalism and design is deceitful creationism: mention God in reply to the question and it’s an illegitimate insertion into science.