- The banks of sweet primroses 28/03/2020
- Lying for Jesus = lying to Jesus 24/03/2020
- Cancelling society to save lives 18/03/2020
- God’s River of Love 16/03/2020
- Hump retrospective 8: the origin of spiritual evil 12/03/2020
Daily Archives: 24/01/2018
I ended my last post with the conclusion of the writer to the Hebrews’ exposition of Psalm 8, which introduces Satan into the picture of man’s temporary subordination to the angels, and his glorification by the work of Christ. The mention suggests that Satan has particular relevance to the relationship between mankind, angels and divine glory: Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might destroy him who holds the power of death – that is, the devil – and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death.