- Overturning Sumptions 23/01/2021
- Whole-cost denialism – wilful blindness or myth? 21/01/2021
- Lockdown – a nationwide prospective study (update 2) 20/01/2021
- How Christ released Prometheus (but not like Adam did) 18/01/2021
- Why lockdown even matters 14/01/2021
Daily Archives: 30/09/2020
It’s very tempting to treat the madness of COVID-19 policy as simply a matter of inexplicably bad science and typically hamfisted politics. For medics like me, focusing on the unaccountable abuse of statistics and research is the obvious thing to do. And many even in the mainstream media, as well as Parliament, are questioning the quality of decision making, when even the Prime Minister yesterday could not explain the new regulations he only that day brought in for the ordinary people to obey, or face huge fines. We’re well used to criticising politicians, and a sizeable minority of us are getting used to critiquing institutional science too.