- At last! An end to not-understanding-evolution misery! 20/10/2017
- If the Universe is flat, is it round? 16/10/2017
- The biblical doctrine of natural evil… not 13/10/2017
- Martin Luther King on mankind 12/10/2017
- On being English 10/10/2017
Daily Archives: 29/07/2017
For most of my life I’ve tried to avoid the idea of Jesus as a moral teacher, both because of the gospel of grace and forgiveness versus moralistic self-help, and because of my awareness of C S Lewis’s famous argument in Mere Christianity: A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher. He would either be a lunatic — on the level with the man who says he is a poached egg — or else he would be the Devil of Hell.