- Do not touch my anointed 21/03/2018
- Genealogical Adam – isolated tribes 19/03/2018
- The wisdom of predation 15/03/2018
- Methodologies, like theories, have limits 12/03/2018
- Genealogical Adam – another observation (from Equus) 09/03/2018
Daily Archives: 29/07/2017
For most of my life I’ve tried to avoid the idea of Jesus as a moral teacher, both because of the gospel of grace and forgiveness versus moralistic self-help, and because of my awareness of C S Lewis’s famous argument in Mere Christianity: A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher. He would either be a lunatic — on the level with the man who says he is a poached egg — or else he would be the Devil of Hell.