- The banks of sweet primroses 28/03/2020
- Lying for Jesus = lying to Jesus 24/03/2020
- Cancelling society to save lives 18/03/2020
- God’s River of Love 16/03/2020
- Hump retrospective 8: the origin of spiritual evil 12/03/2020
Daily Archives: 29/07/2017
For most of my life I’ve tried to avoid the idea of Jesus as a moral teacher, both because of the gospel of grace and forgiveness versus moralistic self-help, and because of my awareness of C S Lewis’s famous argument in Mere Christianity: A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher. He would either be a lunatic — on the level with the man who says he is a poached egg — or else he would be the Devil of Hell.