- God’s Good Earth Webinar 29/09/2020
- Public Health, England style 28/09/2020
- When humanity makes you cry, nature still makes you smile 24/09/2020
- When everything is manipulated, it’s a conspiracy 22/09/2020
- Easy-peasy epidemiology 20/09/2020
Daily Archives: 29/07/2017
For most of my life I’ve tried to avoid the idea of Jesus as a moral teacher, both because of the gospel of grace and forgiveness versus moralistic self-help, and because of my awareness of C S Lewis’s famous argument in Mere Christianity: A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher. He would either be a lunatic — on the level with the man who says he is a poached egg — or else he would be the Devil of Hell.