- Music – more supernatural than mathematical 07/08/2020
- Lived experience and the liquidation of the kulaks 04/08/2020
- Cancelling Malthus 31/07/2020
- The state execution of science 30/07/2020
- Environmental Fascism 27/07/2020
Monthly Archives: December 2015
Folk psychology: I see a solid table Clever materialist: How do you know it’s really as you think? Folk psychology: All the evidence of my five senses!
I commented on an instructive exchange at BioLogos a week or so ago. A guy calling himself WalkerColt asked: How does the Ascension fit into the accommodation view? Jesus seemed to hold to the three-tiered view of the cosmos (Jn 17:1). Did Jesus ascend ‘up’ to accommodate the view of the witnesses? How do we believe this to be an actual event in history if it is explained using this ancient cosmology? Moderator Brad Kramer replied: The trick here is reject the false dichotomy between the “everything in the Bible must have happened exactly as it was written or the whole thing is false” position and the “anything that sounds … Continue reading