- Lasting effects of debunked theories 18/06/2021
- How climate alarmism becomes a woke cause 13/06/2021
- Lies, damned lies and … not even statistics 11/06/2021
- Local Orchidaceae 08/06/2021
- Why the vaccine was predictably (in retrospect!) a bad idea 04/06/2021
Daily Archives: 14/12/2014
In the previous post I tried to show how closely related are the reality we perceive and the language with which we talk about it. As far as human beings go, no language -> no thought -> no true perception -> no “real world”. Language is also inextricably entwined with that difficult word “meaning”, so that separating the world from its meaning cuts across the very process by which we know there is a world.