- Old views on biology tested empirically 01/12/2021
- Pseudoscience and a challenge from history 30/11/2021
- Opinion polls as mind control 29/11/2021
- Revisiting evolution (on the same old season ticket) 28/11/2021
- Get the shot or get shot 23/11/2021
Daily Archives: 10/04/2021
I only realized today what celandines are for. Now, primroses I get. They’re the traditional harbingers of spring, their soft lemon yellow in a bed of pale green velvet leaves announcing fresh growth in the watery March sunlight. They cover banks in the woods and in numerous folk-songs, and contrast with the spectrally complementary dog-violets that are scattered amongst them. But celandines, glossy and chrome yellow, always seem just a bit too yellow, like the paint on warning signs rather than a dose of spring.