- School statistics lessons 23/07/2021
- Vaccine Passports -Incompetence, Groupthink, Psyops or Conspiracy? 19/07/2021
- The scale of the PCR problem 17/07/2021
- An appeal to Better Builders everywhere 16/07/2021
- OK, where’s my Aston? 15/07/2021
Daily Archives: 04/02/2015
In the last post I tried to unpack Thomas Aquinas’s Fifth Way of reasoning to the existence of God by the existence of consistent cause and effect (seeing teleology or final causation as just as real in the world as efficient causation). Of course, it’s not a proof, or if it is it’s one that doesn’t compel skeptics, which amounts to the same thing. But it is powerful, time-honoured and has never been refuted. It may surprise some, as it surprised me, that the Fifth Way makes allowance for chance as evidence for this aspect of causation.