- Ten (non-anti-vaxx) reasons not to be vaccinated against COVID-19 02/12/2020
- Divine right redividus 01/12/2020
- Dealing with the culture of secrecy 28/11/2020
- A not-so-tenuous connection 27/11/2020
- COVID Conspiracy theories are dangerous! 24/11/2020
Daily Archives: 09/09/2016
Tom Gilson runs the excellent Thinking Christian blog, but has also made a useful contribution to the recent debate over methodological naturalism. In 2011 he did a multi-part series here on why science neither needs, nor benefits from, MN, and came to the positive point with his alternative here. In the main, he favours a change of nomenclature rather than of practice, because of the ease with which MN, originally coined by a Christian (and not many decades ago, at that) to distinguish it from metaphysical naturalism, has actually become a potent means of endorsing the mythical link between science and atheism.