- A great COVID overview (doesn’t spare the authorities) 25/01/2022
- Dangerous liars (running the show) 22/01/2022
- Big Brother is (still) watching you 21/01/2022
- Fig-leaves or concealed weapons? 20/01/2022
- Greatest or smallest pandemic in a century? 18/01/2022
Daily Archives: 10/02/2017
The excellent Preston Garrison, apart from alerting me to the review of a new book on Babylonian science that led me to a whole series of posts on the ANE and Hebrew pictures of the world, recommended an old and little-read book by C S Lewis. Studies in Words, published in 1960 just three years before his death, is a philology text for students, so not the most obviously relevant book for thinking about either “biblical science” or modern science. But it actually has some useful light to cast on both.