- Lasting effects of debunked theories 18/06/2021
- How climate alarmism becomes a woke cause 13/06/2021
- Lies, damned lies and … not even statistics 11/06/2021
- Local Orchidaceae 08/06/2021
- Why the vaccine was predictably (in retrospect!) a bad idea 04/06/2021
Daily Archives: 18/04/2017
The commonest rejoinder to any design argument in nature, you will no doubt have noticed, is “Who’s the designer, then?” Although the ID reply is actually perfectly rational – that inference to design cannot, intrinsically, tell one the nature of the designer in detail – the question is in reality just an over-elaborate, if hackneyed, attempt to show that there is a hidden agenda of religion which, once uncovered, would render design unscientific in principle and, probably, a threat to the body politic. It’s Catch 22 – stick with methodological naturalism and design is deceitful creationism: mention God in reply to the question and it’s an illegitimate insertion into science.