- Ten (non-anti-vaxx) reasons not to be vaccinated against COVID-19 02/12/2020
- Divine right redividus 01/12/2020
- Dealing with the culture of secrecy 28/11/2020
- A not-so-tenuous connection 27/11/2020
- COVID Conspiracy theories are dangerous! 24/11/2020
Daily Archives: 25/09/2015
There’s been much discussion here recently about inculcating “British values”, especially into those communities that might, being recent immigrants, be in danger of missing out on them and becoming radicalised into jihadist ways of exploiting the weak, wanting foreign cars and so on. Maybe there’s a similar effort in America, although perhaps it’s less necessary as Superman has been promulgating Truth, Justice and the American Way (as separable items?) since the 1930s. Britain has, until now, always been more reticent about brandishing its values, celebrating instead generalities like fairness, decency and Christian piety. Oddly none of these are on the new lists of established British values.