- Ten (non-anti-vaxx) reasons not to be vaccinated against COVID-19 02/12/2020
- Divine right redividus 01/12/2020
- Dealing with the culture of secrecy 28/11/2020
- A not-so-tenuous connection 27/11/2020
- COVID Conspiracy theories are dangerous! 24/11/2020
Daily Archives: 01/06/2015
In my last post I examined how John H Walton discusses the role of Adam in Genesis in The Lost World of Adam and Eve. The predominant emphasis he notes is Adam as an archetype. But perhaps I should have drawn more attention than I did to the fact that in the complex pattern of individual, generic and archetypal use which Walton uncovers, where Adam is not being presented as an archetype he is being presented as something else, that is as an actual individual.